Thursday, October 21, 2010

The RA Blues

Don't get me wrong, I love being an RA. Clearly this is true, because I was crazy enough to come back for a 4th year. I have met some of my very best friends because I was an RA, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. However, there are some parts of this job that just plain suck. #1 would be writing people up, or as we formally call it, "documenting a situation." I hate confrontation. Actually, nothing makes me more uncomfortable. This year, I successfully made it through 10 weeks of school and 18 on calls without having to write anyone up. Unfortunately that wonderful streak was broken last night :-( Sad. To the kids I had to bust last night: I'm sorry. Thanks for being somewhat understanding and not completely hating me...I really had no choice but to knock when your music was super loud and you were clearly drinking in your room. Come on freshmen, get it together.

Really hoping that was my first and last write up for the year,
Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment