1. My clinical site is St. Clare in Fenton, MO----this hospital is BEAUTIFUL! It's brand spanking new (opened a year and a half ago), and is so nice. The patient rooms are huuuuge, and fully equipped with giant flat screen TVs, DVD players, and mini fridges.
2. Day 1 = Orientation Day = Short Day. Some simple paperwork, tour of the floor, and we were outta there!
3. Babies, babies, and more babies!!! Part of our tour included a look into the nursery, where our instructor showed us how to do a newborn assessment on one of the babies. We all put our fingers on the baby's head to feel her fontanels and sutures, practically drooling over how cute she was. I think I'm going to love spending my clinical time in the nursery...just maybe :-)
4. Get ready, here comes the best one: There is a blue slushie maker on the floor!!! What?! That's right, the Hospitality Room is equipped with slushie making capabilities for the slurping pleasures of all those laboring mothers and their families. Who needs an epidural when you can have blue icy goodness instead? Hah, ok well somehow I don't think those hormonal women in labor would agree, but whatever. I can't say I didn't enjoy ending my day with a blue slushie :-)
Here's hoping day 2 is even better than day 1,
Marissa

You are so luckyyyy! I don't wanna leave maternity and go to peds! :(
ReplyDeleteAWESOME! Blue slushies > coffee. :)
ReplyDelete