One of the missionaries from Covecrest has an older sister who is pregnant. This pregnancy has been anything but easy, and this beautiful couple has remained so strong in their faith despite it all. It has been a bumpy road, to say the least---bad news followed by more bad news. The doctors told them that their baby boy Oliver had fluid in his lungs and his heart beat was diminishing. No one is really sure what the cause of all these complications is, and I think that is part of what is so frustrating about it all. It is our human nature to just want to know everything, and we are left unsatisfied if we have questions that go unanswered. The couple, without ever second guessing themselves, decided that Oliver would be born; it was just a matter of how long he would live. Terminating the pregnancy was never an option---he has been their son from the beginning, and will always be their precious baby boy.
Today I got news that they lost baby Oliver. I was absolutely crushed, and I can only imagine what this family is going through right now. Oliver's mom will deliver him tomorrow. Please, please, please flood heaven with prayers for Oliver and his family and friends who love him so dearly. Prayer is one of the most powerful things we can do for one another, and I know this family would really appreciate it.
So why does God let good people suffer? Well, I may never know the answer to that question, but here is something I do know. God is not an angry or wrathful God of suffering and pain. No. God is merciful and compassionate beyond our comprehension. To see the hurting that this family is going through right now is almost unbearable, but to see the beauty that has come from this is such a blessing. Despite all the hardship and bad news--maybe even because of it--this family stayed completely rooted in their faith in God and His will for their lives. They were able to come together as a family and really love and support one another in ways that would not have been possible if it weren't for Oliver. I know that their hearts are hurting right now, but I also know the incredible beauty that has come from this pain. Their unwavering faith and trust in God has been such a witness to everyone around them, even to people they have never met. So, maybe we shouldn't be asking why bad things happen to good people, but rather we should seek the beauty God is trying to reveal to us through that pain.
Praying for understanding and relentless faith,
Marissa

How sad. Know of my prayers for your friends. As they go through the healing process, I think they could find a lot of strength through this blog... http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ Check it out!
ReplyDelete